Top 5 Projected Green Building Trends in 2012
The holiday season is upon us! That means 2012 is just around the corner, and what better way to kick off the New Year than with a few predictions. Here are five of the top building industry trends for 2012 we’ve been reading about.
- The demand for green and sustainable building construction is growing and will continue to do so in the coming year. My Green Palette expects to see a 18.3% increase in revenue next year — My Green Palette (@MyGreenPalette)
- Green Building is on the rise and will continue it’s rise to prominence globally in 2012, in spite of economic difficulties — Sustainable Magazine (@Sustainablemag)
- Energy efficiency is big. According to Builder Online’s Business Trends Forecast for 2012 it will remain top of mind — Builder Online (@BuilderOnline)
- Commercial Building will grow 8% and multifamily housing will rise 18% in 2012 — BHC Rhodes (@BHCRHODES)
- Smarter neighborhood, greater transparency in building function, the proliferation of an “Internet of things,” more energy options for buildings, and real estate finance teams will become corporations’ smarter buildings teams — Smart Planet (@SmartPlanet)
Check back next week to see our 2012 predictions from our BuildIQ and GreenIQ team experts.